PROVO — Provo's five fire and rescue stations had their hands full battling two blazes Sunday night.

The first fire started around 10:30 p.m. in a carport at 1771 W. 170 South, said Provo spokeswoman Helen Anderson. A man was heating the carport with an open flame, and it ignited vapors from a nearby gas spill.

Companies from three Provo fire stations responded and contained the blaze, Anderson said. The man suffered minor burns on one leg, she said.

A call also came in around 10:53 p.m., Anderson said, reporting a second fire at a large shoplike garage at 4264 Canyon Road. All remaining Provo firefighters, and a company from Orem, responded.

No injuries were reported at this fire, Anderson said. It was apparently caused by misuse of a space heater.