The old 14th Ward meetinghouse was built in 1861 at 151 W. 100 South in Salt Lake City. The ward, established in 1849, was one of the original 19 wards in the city and was not dissolved until January 1957. Today, the Salt Palace Convention Center stands on the location of the old ward building. The Salt Palace indoor arena was completed in 1969 and was home to the Utah Stars (ABA) and Utah Jazz (NBA) before the Jazz made the move to the Delta Center. The newly renovated convention center was completed in 1996.
Then and now: From church to hoops to conventions
1 of 2
View 2 Items