Eleven patents were awarded to Utah inventors on Dec. 18. They are:
• Method and system for cooling electrical components downhole. Joe Fox, Spanish Fork; David R. Hall, Provo. Filed Dec. 8, 2004. Patent No. 7,308,795.
• Air conditioning system operating on vehicle waste energy. Thomas D. Harrison. Filed Sept. 13, 2006, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,308,799.
• Pressure control valve having intrinsic feedback system. Stephen C. Jacobsen, Salt Lake City; Shane Olsen, Centerville; Michael Morrison, West Jordan. Assigned to Sarcos Investments LC, Salt Lake City. Filed Dec. 1, 2005, claiming priority to provisional patent Application No. 60/633,001, filed Dec. 2, 2004. Patent No. 7,308,848.
• Vehicle loading and unloading method. Fred P. Smith, Alpine; Todd Mendenhall, Riverton; Kevin Richard McCrory, Gary Wayne Teichrob, both of Chilliwack, Calif. Assigned to TY-Corp Manufacturing Ltd., Rosedale, Calif. Filed July 28, 2004, a continuation-in-part of Patent No. 7,114,909, filed Nov. 24, 2003. Patent No. 7,309,205.
• Method and apparatus for bone plating. T. Wade Fallin, Hyde Park; Robert W. Hoy, Paradise. Assigned to MedicineLodge Inc., Logan. Filed June 20, 2003. Patent No. 7,309,340.
• Browser-based music rendering apparatus method and system. Cutis J. Morley, Orem; Emerson Tyler Wright, West Jordan. Filed Sept. 3, 2004. Patent No. 7,309,826.
• System, method and computer program product for migrating data from one database to another database. Patrick R. Felsted, Cedar Hills; Timothy S. Larsen, Orem. Assigned to Novell Inc., Provo. Filed Feb. 9, 2005, a continuation of Patent No. 6,915,287, filed Dec. 13, 2001. Patent No. 7,310,650.
• Multi-channel power line exchange protocol. Bradley C. Giles, Salt Lake City; Alan K. Walbeck, Sandy; Michael J. Miller, Eric R. Southam, both of Pleasant Grove. Assigned to Thomson Licensing SA, Boulogne-Billancourt, France. Filed April 25, 2000. Patent No. 7,310,670.
• Hoop box. Timothy M. Maycock, Ogden. Filed Aug. 29, 2006. Design Patent No. D557,540.
• Circle and bi-directional ray drawing device. Renae Haddadin, Sandy. Filed March 15, 2006. Design Patent No. D557,623.• Adjustable height basketball hoop. Kevin McAllister, American Fork; Bryce Doman, Lehi. Assigned to Rainbow Play Systems Inc., Brookings, S.D. Filed Jan. 25, 2007. Design Patent No. D557,759.
Karl R. Cannon is a Registered Patent Attorney and a founding shareholder in the Salt Lake area law firm of Clayton, Howarth & Cannon P.C., specialists in patent, trademark and copyright law. He may be contacted at 801-255-5335 or by e-mail at [email protected]. Copies of patents are available by mail for $3 each from U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Box 9 (Copy Sales), Washington, DC 20231; by credit card via telephone 703-308-9726 or toll free 800-972-6382; facsimile 703-305-8759; or e-mail [email protected]. Patents can also be viewed and printed free of charge from several Internet sites, including www.uspto.gov or www.delphion.com.