Thursday, Jan. 10
• Nurse practitioner Catherine R. Black will discuss pros and cons of face lifts, Botox treatments and body wraps at the Women in Leadership meeting Jan. 10, beginning at 11:30 a.m., Room 309, Provo City Library at Academy Square, 550 N. University Ave. Buffet lunch available for $7. New members and guests welcome.
• Reel It In. Tiffany Hoehne prepares salmon burgers on English muffins and other "under the sea" side dishes, 7 p.m. Little Theatre, Pleasant Grove Macey's, 931 W. State. Call 796-6601. Free.
• Personal fitness lecture at the American Fork Library, 44 S. 100 East at 7 p.m. in the Gardner community room. Free.
• Minstrel storyteller Heather Forest in the Orem City Library Storytelling Wing, 55 N. State at 7 p.m. Free.
• Child Safety: Bullies and Strangers is the topic of the 7 p.m. Little Theatre class at the Macey's, 188 E. 1000 North, Spanish Fork. For children 3-12, accompanied by a parent or guardian. Call 798-9803. Free.
Friday, Jan. 11
• The Comedic Genius of Jerry Lewis is the topic at 7 p.m., Orem Library media auditorium, 50 N. State. Dean Duncan of BYU's film department will lecture. Free.
• Dinosnorzzz at the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Enjoy an overnight experience and learn all about the dinosaurs, see a movie, do crafts, sleep and have breakfast. Costs vary. Reservations required. Call 766-5015.
Saturday, Jan. 12
• Orem community dance, from 8-11 p.m., Orem Senior Friendship Center, 93 N. 400 East. Featuring the Dennis Miner Quartet. Cost: $5. Call 229-7110.
Monday, Jan. 14
• Family Fun at the Orem Library at 7 p.m. in the Storytelling Wing, 50 N. State. Join Cherie Davis of the Timp Tellers for silly songs, tales of wit and wonder and all-in-the-family stories. Free.
• Family Night on the Farm from 5-6 p.m. at Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Tonight's theme: "Horsing Around." Visit and learn about horses, do crafts, take a pony ride or ride in a horse-drawn wagon. Cost: $3.50/$2.50 children. Call 592-9120.
• Museum Mondays at the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi from 5-7 p.m. Make monkeys from pipe cleaners and pompoms. Cost: $5. Call 766-5013.
Tuesday, Jan. 15
• American Fork Library programs: "Animal Krackers Silly Animal Stories" for children 3-5 at 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. or 1 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday or 10 and 11 a.m. Thursdays. Cost: $5 for seven week series. "Mom and Me" activity time for toddlers, 18 months and older, Tuesday and Wednesday at 10 and 11 a.m. and Monday at 11 a.m. Cost: $1. Call 763-3070 for more information.
• Jerry Lewis comedy "The Nutty Professor" (1963), at 7 p.m. in the Orem Library media auditorium, 50 N. State. Free.
• Dutch Oven Cooking Both Inside and Out is the topic of the Little Theatre class at 7 p.m. at the Orem Macey's, 800 N. State. Debbie Clement will show how to make great meals in a cast iron Dutch oven in or out of the house. Call 225-6002 for reservations. Free.
• Crock Pot Cookery is the topic of the Little Theatre class at 7 p.m. at the Spanish Fork Macey's, 188 E. 1000 North. Mary Stubbs will teach. Call 798-9803. Free.
• Ready to Learn Shared Reading, KBYU's interactive workshop at the Little Theatre at 7 p.m., Pleasant Grove Macey's, 931 W. State. Free books. No small children. Call 796-6601. Free.
Wednesday, Jan. 16• Savory Slow Cooker Meals is the topic of the Little Theatre class at 7 p.m., Orem Macey's 800 N. State. Learn how to cook up a soup, main dishes and desserts that are warm and hearty and use little electricity. Call 225-6002 for reservations. Free.
• Diabetes Cooking is the topic of the Little Theatre class at 7 p.m., Spanish Fork Macey's, 188 E. 1000 North. Eiesha Eddy will share tips and recipes. Call 798-8903. Free.
• "Chowder Down" is the topic of the Little Theatre class at 7 p.m., Pleasant Grove Macey's 931 W. State. Call 796-6601. Free
SEE THE SHOW
• "Rhythm of Ireland" through Jan. 12 at 7:30 p.m. Matinee Jan. 12 at 2 p.m., SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem. Cost: $10/$8 children. Call 225-2569. (See review: page 8.)
• "The Robber Bridegroom," Jan. 25-Feb. 4 at 7:30 p.m., SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State. (The show is co-produced with Utah Valley State College Theater Arts.) Cost: $10/$8 children. Call 225-2569.
• "Don't Drink the Water," through Feb. 9 at 7:30 p.m. at the Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600. (See review: page 7.)
• "Best of Disney," Jan. 11-Feb. 9 (Fridays, Saturdays, Mondays) at 7:30 p.m., Center Street Musical Theatre, 177 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10/$8 children. Breakfast with the princesses/matinee Jan. 12, 19, Feb. 2 and 9. Breakfast at 10 a.m. Breakfast and matinee prices: $14/$10 children (includes Belgian waffle/hot chocolate). Dinner with evening shows. Reservations required. Call 373-4485 or see: www.csmtc.com.
• "A Midsummer Night's Dream," Jan. 25, 26, 30, 31 and Feb. 1, 2, 5-9 at 7:30 p.m.; additional matinee Feb. 2 at 2 p.m. in the Pardoe Theater, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Cost: $!4 ($5 weeknight discount; $3 student discount. Dress rehearsals Jan. 23-24 and matinee: $7. Call 422-4322.
• "Who Killed Aunt Caroline?" through Feb. 11 at 7:30 p.m. (Friday, Saturday and Monday), Valley Center Playhouse, 780 N. 200 East, Lindon. Cost: $6/$5 children, $25/family. Call 786-1186.