Gas fumes continue to cause problems for residents of Gunnison where a storage tank leaked 20,000 gallons of the fuel into the ground last summer.
The leak drove several families out their homes and shuttered at least six businesses.
Cleanup of the mess had challenged engineering contractors and workers because the gasoline moved farther and faster underground than expected.
A letter from the Utah Medical Association sent last month to the state Department of Environmental Quality complains about the slow progress and notes health concerns.
Contractors are scheduled to hold a community meeting today to update residents on their progress.
The convenience store tank is owned by Wind River Petroleum.