• Thrillionaires Improv Theater, Velour Music Gallery, 135 N. University Ave., Provo, 8 p.m. Mondays. Cost: $5, cash only. Call 818-BAND or see www.myspace.com/thrillionaires.
• Fat, Dumb and Happy's Comedy Club, 1350 W. 1140 South, Orem, Suite 3. Must be 18. Cost: $8 adults, $6.50 students. Buy online or at the door.
• Comedy Sportz, 36 W. Center, Provo. Clean improv comedy each Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Cost: $8 in advance/$10 at the door, $4/$5 children. Pre-payment required to hold reservations. Call 377-9700. See: www.comedysportzutah.com for more information. Every Thursday ComedySportz laughletes perform musicals, Shakespeare, MST3K-style heckling. Cost: $3. No reservations needed.
CHECK IT OUT
• Utah Impressions: Selections from the Diane and Sam Stewart collection featuring various Utah artists and Utah scenes, through Dec. 30, Springville Museum of Art, 126 W. 400 South. Free. • Christmas Lamb Show • Visions of Light
• Christmas Lamb Showthrough Dec. 27, featuring artwork produced by children in celebration of Christmas, Springville Museum of Art, 126 W. 400 South. Free.
• Visions of Lightstained glass art on display through Dec. 27, Covey Center, 245 W. Center, Provo. Free.
• Soviet Art in Conflict: "The Artist as an Agent of Social Change" through Feb. 2, Springville Museum of Art, 126 W. 400 South. Museum hours: Tuesday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 3 to 6 p.m. Exhibition explores the artwork produced in the Soviet Union from 1934-85. Free.
• Great Things, Small Packages exhibit through Dec. 31, Terra Nova Gallery, 41 W. 100 North, Provo. Featuring numerous artists, original art in small sizes. Hours: Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Other times by appointment.
• Cliche and Collusion: Video Works by Grant Stevens through Feb. 9, BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus. The works incorporate familiar excerpts from advertising, music, film and common conversation. Free.
• Minerva Teichert "Pageants in Paint" exhibit, BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus, through May 26. Call 422-1140 to schedule a tour, must be arranged at least a week in advance. Family-oriented tours on Monday evenings. Free. • "Splendor and Spectacle: Images of Dance from Court Ballet to Broadway"
• "Splendor and Spectacle: Images of Dance from Court Ballet to Broadway"BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus, through Jan. 1. The exhibit features 65 prints and 33 objects of art from the private collection of BYU faculty members Madison and Debra Sowell. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Check the Web site for classes, workshop and exhibit information: www.hutchingsmuseum.org. Call 768-7180. Free.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
WHERE TO GO
Thursday, Dec. 20
• Children's laptime at 10 a.m. in Hogwarts' Corner, Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. A 20-minute program for babies, toddlers & their caregivers with songs, fingerplays and short stories. Free.
• Children's storytime at 10:30 a.m. in the storytelling wing, Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. A 30-minute program for preschoolers and young school age kids with stories, puppets and activities. Free.
Wednesday, Dec. 26 • American Fork Library "Animal Crackers"
• American Fork Library "Animal Crackers" Registration begins today for the Winter reading program at the library. The program is for children ages 3-5. The seven-week program features silly animal stories, crafts and other activities. Cost: $5. Parents are asked to stay in the library while their children are in programs. Mom and Me programs are also being offered for children 18 months and up. Cost: $1. Visit the library at 64 S. 100 East, or call 763-3070.
SEE THE SHOW
• "Dial Tones," presented by the Nauvoo Theatrical Society, Dec. 20-22, Black Box Theater, Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10/$7.50 students. Children 8-up. Call 852-7007.
HEAR THE BEAT
• "Twelfth Night" musical celebration, a last chance to say "farewell" to Christmas featuring the American Fork Children's Choir, Phoenix Rising Choir and soprano Clara Hurtado Lee, 7 p.m., Jan. 5 at the Alpine Tabernacle, 100 East and Main, American Fork. Free.