PROVO Brigham Young University will have entertainment for students and the public during special holiday hours. Listed below are holiday hours and exhibits:
• BYU Bookstore will be open from 7:50 a.m. until 7 p.m. On Christmas Eve, the store will open at 7:50 a.m. and close at 4 p.m. After closing for Christmas, the bookstore will be open Dec. 26-29 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and closed Dec. 31 and Jan. 1. Regular hours resume Jan. 2.
• Harold B. Lee Library will undergo a power-system upgrade during Christmas break, shutting off all power to the majority of the building from Friday, Dec. 21, through Saturday, Jan. 5. Regular hours resume Jan. 7.
• BYU Museum of Art will maintain its regular schedule with the exception of Dec. 24-25, when it will be closed, and Dec. 31, when it will close at 4 p.m. The exhibit "Splendor and Spectacle: Images of Dance from Court Ballet to Broadway" will end Dec. 31. Regular hours are Monday- Friday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from noon to 5 p.m.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, 645 E. 1430 North, which continues to display "Ecosystem Dioramas," "Africa: A Diverse Continent" and several other colorful exhibits, will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 26-29 and Jan. 2-5. It will be closed Dec. 24-25, 31 and Jan. 1.
• The Museum of Peoples and Cultures, 700 N. 100 East, will maintain regular hours throughout the break but will be closed Dec. 24-26, 31 and Jan. 1-2. The museum is open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Current exhibits include "Touching the Past: Traditions of Casas Grandes" and "Seeking the Divine: Ritual, Prayer and Celebration."
For more information about campus events and hours of operation during the holiday season, see the campus calendar at byunews.byu.edu/calendar.