USC (10-2) vs. Illinois (9-3)
1. The Trojans and Illini have played 12 times in Los Angeles or Champaign, Ill., most recently in 1996 (a 55-3 USC road win).
2. Seventh-year head coach Pete Carroll is the nation's winningest active coach (75-14, 84.3 percent).3. Illinois has won more games this season (nine) than in the previous four years (eight).
Hawaii (12-0) vs. Georgia (10-2)
1. The Warriors are headed to a bowl game for the sixth time in head coach June Jones' nine seasons.
2. Despite missing the SEC championship game, Georgia comes in as one of the hottest teams in the country, winners of six straight.3. Hawaii's high-powered offense leads the nation in scoring (46 points per game) and was second in passing (450 yards per game).
West Va. (10-2) vs. Oklahoma (11-2)
1. Oklahoma is in the Fiesta Bowl for the second straight year. The Sooners lost to Boise State 43-42 in last season's overtime classic.
2. While each team has two losses, neither the Sooners nor West Virginia dropped out of the top 10 in the BCS standings at any point in the season.3. West Virginia quarterback Patrick White scored 26 touchdowns (14 passing, 12 rushing).
Kansas (11-1) vs. Va. Tech (11-2)
1. The match-up features a showdown between the nation's second-ranked scoring defense in the Hokies (allowing 15.5 points per game) against the nation's second-ranked scoring offense in Kansas (scoring 44.3 points per game).
2. This game is the first time these two teams have ever faced each other.3. According to Orange Bowl executives, Kansas got the edge over Missouri because Kansas had just one loss and Oklahoma thumped Missouri in the Big 12 championship.
BCS National Championship
Ohio State (11-1) vs. LSU (11-2)
1. Ohio State (11-1), champions of the Big Ten, haven't played since defeating Michigan on Nov. 17. However, the Buckeyes watched as four teams ahead of them in the Nov. 18 polls LSU, Kansas, West Virginia and Missouri each lost over the next two weeks.
2. Michigan alum LSU head coach Les Miles will be facing the Wolverines' archrival, Ohio State.
3. Average price of most expensive tickets purchased online is $1,615. Staff and wire services