SANDY — Investigators believe a man killed in a mobile home fire earlier this week fell asleep while smoking in bed.

Roland Green, 56, was killed when his room, near 150 West and 9800 South, caught fire Monday about 2 a.m. There were no smoke detectors in the home.

A second man who lived in the mobile home was somehow able to get up and saw the smoke and flames, according to investigators. He tried helping his roommate get out, but the fire was already too intense.

The roommate suffered some minor smoke inhalation. Damage was estimated at between $20,000 to $30,000.