PROVO Although classes will conclude Thursday, Brigham Young University will be alive throughout the holiday break with activities and entertainment for students and the public during special holiday hours. Listed below are holiday hours and exhibits available to the public.
• BYU Bookstore will be open Dec. 15 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Dec. 17 from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. For the remainder of finals week, Dec. 18-21, it will be open from 7:50 a.m. until 7 p.m. On Christmas Eve, the store will open at 7:50 a.m. and close at 4 p.m. After closing for Christmas, the bookstore will be open Dec. 26-29 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and closed Dec. 31 and Jan. 1. It will resume regular hours Jan. 2.
• Harold B. Lee Library will continue its custom of opening early and closing late during finals week Dec. 17-20, when it will be open from 7 a.m. until 2 a.m. However, the library will undergo a power system upgrade during Christmas break, shutting off all power to the majority of the building from Friday, Dec. 21, through Saturday, Jan. 5. Regular hours resume Jan. 7.
• BYU Museum of Art will maintain its regular schedule with the exception of Dec. 24-25, when it will be closed, and Dec. 31, when it will close at 4 p.m. The exhibit "Splendor and Spectacle: Images of Dance from Court Ballet to Broadway" will end Dec. 31. Regular hours are Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from noon to 5 p.m. Free.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, 645 E. 1430 North, which continues to display "Ecosystem Dioramas," "Africa: A Diverse Continent" and several other colorful exhibits, will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 6 and 12-14, as well as Dec. 26-29 and Jan. 2-5. It will be closed Dec. 24-25, 31 and Jan. 1. Free.
• The Museum of Peoples and Cultures, 700 N. 100 East, will maintain regular hours throughout the break, but will be closed Dec. 24-26, 31 and Jan. 1-2. The museum is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Current exhibits include "Touching the Past: Traditions of Casas Grandes" and "Seeking the Divine: Ritual, Prayer and Celebration." Free.
For more information about campus events and hours of operation during the holiday season, see the campus calendar at byunews.byu.edu/calendar.