• "Little Women," the Broadway Musical, through Dec. 8 at 7:30 p.m., Pardoe Theater, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus, 2 p.m. matinee Dec. 1. Cost: $18 ($4 off weeknights, $3 off weekends with student ID.) $10/matinee. Call 422-4322.
• "Canyon Suite," through Dec. 8 at 7:30 p.m., Black Box Theater, Gunther Trades Building, UVSC campus. Cost: $10/$8 children/$6 students. Call 863-8797. (See review: page 9.)
• "Dial Tones," presented by the Nauvoo Theatrical Society, Dec. 6-8, 13-15, and 20-22, Black Box Theater, Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10/$7.50 students. Children 8-up. Call 852-7007. (See review: page 9.)
WHERE TO GO
Thursday, Dec. 6
• Women's Legislative Council of Utah County will meet at 10 a.m. in the Provo City Library at Academy Square, 550 N. University Ave. on the 2nd Floor. Tibby Milne, Executive Director, Utah Crime Prevention Association, will be the featured speaker. The public is welcome. Call 373-2070. Free.
• Nebo Gifted Children's Association fall meeting, from 6:30-8 p.m. at the Nebo Learning Center, 370 S. Main, Springville. The association provides information, resources and opportunities to help enhance the educational experience of gifted children in the Nebo district. Free.
• Macey's Pleasant Grove Little Theatre class, 7 p.m., 931 W. State. Featuring Seth Miller teaching about Christmas and Hanukkah traditions and foods. Call 796-6601. Free.
Saturday, Dec. 8
• Orem Community Dance from 8-11 p.m. at the Senior Friendship Center, 93 N. 400 East, Orem. Music provided by the Dennis Miner Quartet. Cost: $5. Call 229-7110.
Monday, Dec. 10
• Family Night on the Farm, from 5-6 p.m. at Farm Country. Drop in on some reindeer fun. Activities include making reindeer hand puppets. Cost: $3.50/$2.50 children. Call 592-9120.
• Museum Mondays from 5-7 p.m. at the Museum of Ancient Life. Tonight's theme is "It's Cold Outside." Learn about dinosaurs, did they like the snow? Cost: $5. Call 766-5013.
Tuesday, Dec. 11
• The Gift of Food is tonight's topic at the Pleasant Grove Macey's Little Theater, 931 W. State. Jackie Colette offers recipes good to share during the holidays. Call 796-6601. Free.
Wednesday, Dec. 12
• Be one of Santa's Elves and help Jeanne Mather with ideas to get the family involved preparing holiday gifts for the neighborhood. Pleasant Grove Macey's Little Theater, 931 W. State. Call 796-6601. Free.
HEAR THE BEAT
• Senior Dance Showcase, Dec. 7 and 8 at 7:30 p.m. in the Dance Studio, room 166 Richards Building, BYU campus. Free.
• Harp Solo and Ensemble showcase, Dec. 8 at 7:30 p.m. in the Madsen Recital Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Free.
• BYU String Chamber Night, Dec. 11 at 7:30 p.m. in the Madsen Recital Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Free.
• BYU University Orchestra and University Strings concert, Dec. 11 at 7:30 p.m. in the de Jong Concert Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Free.
• University Chorale concert, Dec. 12 at 7:30 p.m. in the de Jong Concert Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Free.
CHECK IT OUT
• The new SCERA Youth Artists program will have a full-scale gallery exhibit through Dec. 22. The exhibit will open at 5:30 p.m. in the gallery, SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State St., Orem, and will include paintings, collages, ceramics, sculptures and furniture. Free.
• "Art For Life," benefit exhibition at the UVSC Woodbury Art Museum, through Dec. 14, 575 E. University Parkway, Room N250 (second floor of the University Mall, between Nordstrom and The Gap). Auction items are available for silent bidding through Friday. The exhibit is free to the public Monday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Call 426-6199.
• 22nd Annual Spiritual and Religious Art of Utah through Dec. 27, Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South. This exhibition explores spiritual aspirations, feelings and perceptions of contemporary Utah artists through different styles and mediums. Free.
• Soviet Art in Conflict: "The Artist as an Agent of Social Change" through Feb. 2, Springville Museum of Art, 126 W. 400 South. Museum hours: Tuesday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 3-6 p.m. Exhibition explores the artwork produced in the Soviet Union from 1934-85. Free.
• Great Things, Small Packages exhibit through Dec. 31, Terra Nova Gallery, 41 W. 100 North, Provo. Featuring numerous artists, original art in small sizes. Hours: Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Other times by appointment.
• Cliche and Collusion: Video Works by Grant Stevens through Feb. 9, BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus. The works incorporate familiar excerpts from advertising, music, film and common conversation. Free.
• Minerva Teichert "Pageants in Paint" exhibit, BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus, through May 26, 2008. Call 422-1140 to schedule a tour, must be arranged at least a week in advance. Family-oriented tours on Monday evenings. Free.
• "Splendor and Spectacle: Images of Dance from Court Ballet to Broadway" BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus, through Jan. 1. The exhibit features 65 prints and 33 objects of art from the private collection of BYU faculty members Madison and Debra Sowell. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Check the Web site for classes, workshop and exhibit information: www.hutchingsmuseum.org Call 768-7180. Free.
• Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday from 3 to 6. Closed Mondays and holidays. Call 489-2727. Free.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
LAUGH IT UP
• Thrillionaires Improv Theater, Velour Music Gallery, 135 N. University Ave., Provo, 8 p.m. Mondays. Cost: $5, cash only. Call 818-BAND or see www.myspace.com/thrillionaires
• Johnny B's Comedy Club, Bleachers Sports Grill, 2255 N. University Parkway, Provo. Shows Friday and Saturday at 9 p.m. Tickets are $8. Call 377-6910.
• Fat, Dumb and Happy's Comedy Club, 1350 W. 1140 South, Orem, Suite 3. Must be 18. Cost: $8 adults, $6.50 students. Buy online or at the door.
• Comedy Sportz, 36 W. Center, Provo. Clean improv comedy each Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Cost: $8 in advance/$10 at the door, $4/$5 children. Prepayment required to hold reservations. Call 377-9700. See: www.comedysportzutah.com for more information. Every Thursday ComedySportz laughletes perform musicals, Shakespeare, MST3K-style heckling. Cost: $3. www.comedysportzutah.com for more information.