ST. LOUIS — Rams backup quarterback Gus Frerotte fumbled the snap on fourth-and-goal from the Seattle 1 with 27 seconds left Sunday, allowing the Seahawks to hold on for a 24-19 victory over St. Louis.

Frerotte picked up the loose ball, but was tackled at the 5, ending a last-ditch scoring drive and the Rams' modest two-game winning streak after an 0-8 start.

Seattle (7-4) won its third straight by rallying for 17 unanswered second-half points after falling behind 19-7.

The Rams (2-9) had one last chance when Josh Brown missed a 52-yard field goal with 2:44 to go. St. Louis took over at its own 42 and drove to the 4 with just over a minute to play.

Frerotte, playing after starter Marc Bulger left with a concussion in the first quarter, missed a wide-open Isaac Bruce on first down, then threw a 2-yard pass to Drew Bennett. On third down, Steven Jackson ran to the 1, setting up the doomed final play.

The Seahawks went ahead for the first time with 5:57 to play on Leonard Weaver's 4-yard run.

Matt Hassselbeck was 21-of-38 for 249 yards, one touchdown and one interception for the Seahawks. Maurice Morris, subbing for the injured Shaun Alexander, carried 16 times for 79 yards, and Deion Branch had five catches for 92 yards and a touchdown. Rookie Josh Wilson returned a first-quarter kickoff 89 yards for a touchdown.

Frerotte was 20-of-32 for 161 yards and one interception, and threw a 15-yard first-quarter touchdown pass to Bruce. Steven Jackson carried 23 times for 90 yards, including a 53-yard touchdown run in the first quarter.

The game got off to an entertaining start, with three scores during a four-play sequence in the first quarter.

After a punt and a penalty pinned Seattle to its 1, rookie Adam Carriker tackled Morris just inside the end zone. Jackson's long scoring run came on the first play after Seattle's free kick.

The Seahawks bounced back and cut the margin to 9-7 on the play after that, with Brown taking the kickoff at the 11, running to the left sideline and narrowly avoiding being pushed out of bounds by kicker Jeff Wilkins, then cutting back to the right and outrunning three St. Louis defenders into the end zone.

Bulger was injured while making a shovel pass on the Rams' third possession. He was hit by several players, but threw a pass that was intercepted by defensive end Patrick Kerney.

Bulger, who missed two games earlier this season with broken ribs, walked on his own to the locker room. Coach Scott Linehan said he will be evaluated daily to determine if he can play next week against Atlanta.

The starting quarterback has taken a beating this season, playing behind an offensive line constantly in a state of flux due to injuries. Bulger, 3-of-5 for 32 yards and the interception, has been sacked 30 times this season.