• Jeanne Madsen and Jennie Bangerter Larsen in concert, Nov. 23 at 7:30 p.m., Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Madsen sings opera, musical theater and jazz. Larsen will perform improvisation on the piano. Cost: $15/$12 students. Call 852-7007.
• Soprano Celena Shafer, guest recital Nov. 28 at 7:30 p.m., Madsen Recital Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Free.
• Utah Valley Youth Symphony, Nov. 27 at 7:30 p.m., Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Features two youth orchestras. Call 852-7007. Free.
• Vocal Point in concert, Nov. 27 at 7:30 p.m., de Jong Concert Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Cost: $10/$7 students. Call 422-4322.
• Trombone Choir, Nov. 27 at 7:30 p.m., Madsen Recital Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Free.
• Synthesis in concert, Nov. 28 at 7:30 p.m., de Jong Concert Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Cost: $10/$7 students. Call 422-4322.
• Woodwind Chamber Night, Nov. 29 at 7:30 p.m., Madsen Recital Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Free.
• Panoramic Steel and Percussion Ensemble, Nov. 30 at 7:30 p.m., Madsen Recital Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Cost: $10/$7 students. Call 422-4322.
• A Child's Hope Foundation Benefit Concert, Dec. 1 at 7 p.m., Provo Tabernacle, 100 S. University Ave. Proceeds go toward purchase of a van for a family-oriented orphanage in Kiev, Ukraine. Featuring Jenny Oaks Baker, David Glen Hatch and Cheri Call. Cost: $10/$5 students.
• BYU Chamber Orchestra and Philharmonic Orchestra in concert, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m., de Jong Concert Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Cost: $10/$7 students. Call 422-4322.
• BYU Symphony Orchestra in concert, Dec. 4 at 7:30 p.m., de Jong Concert Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Free.
• BYU Wind Symphony concert, Dec. 5 at 7:30 p.m., de Jong Concert Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Cost: $10/$7 students. Call 422-4322.
SEE THE SHOW
• "Little Women," the Broadway musical, through Dec. 8 at 7:30 p.m. in the Pardoe Theater, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. The theater will be dark the week of Thanksgiving; 2 p.m. matinee Dec. 1. Cost: $18 ($4 off weeknights, $3 off weekends with student ID.) $10/matinee. Call 422-4322. (See review: Page 9.)
• "Thoroughly Modern Millie" through Nov. 24 at 7:30 p.m., Hale Center Theater 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: $13.50/$17.50. Call 226-8600.
• "Canyon Suite," Nov. 29-Dec. 8 at 7:30 p.m., Black Box Theater, Gunther Trades Building, UVSC campus. Cost: $10/$8 children/$6 students. Call 863-8797.
• "Dial Tones," presented by the Nauvoo Theatrical Society, Nov. 29 and 30, Dec. 1, 6-8, 13-15, and 20-22, Black Box Theater, Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10/$7.50 students. Children 8-up. Call 852-7007
LAUGH IT UP
• Thrillionaires Improv Theater, Velour Music Gallery, 135 N. University Ave., Provo, 8 p.m. Mondays. Cost: $5, cash only. Call 818-BAND or see www.myspace.com/thrillionaires.
• Johnny B's Comedy Club, Bleachers Sports Grill, 2255 N. University Parkway, Provo. Shows Friday and Saturday at 9 p.m. Tickets are $8. Call 377-6910.
• Fat, Dumb and Happy's Comedy Club, 1350 W. 1140 South, Orem, Suite 3. Must be 18. Cost: $8 adults, $6.50 students. Buy online or at the door.
• Comedy Sportz, 36 W. Center, Provo. Clean improv comedy each Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Cost: $8 in advance/$10 at the door, $4/$5 children. Prepayment required to hold reservations. Call 377-9700. See www.comedysportzutah.com for more information. Every Thursday ComedySportz laughletes perform musicals, Shakespeare, MST3K-style heckling. Cost: $3. No reservations needed.
CHECK IT OUT
• 22nd Annual Spiritual and Religious Art of Utah through Dec. 27, Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South. This exhibition explores spiritual aspirations, feelings and perceptions of contemporary Utah artists through different styles and mediums. Free.
• "Courtroom Art: A Twenty-five Year Retrospective" through Nov. 28, Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South. Artist Scott Snow engages audiences with some important history and interesting stories. Free.
• "Soviet Art in Conflict: The Artist as an Agent of Social Change" through Feb. 2, Springville Museum of Art, 126 W. 400 South. Museum hours: Tuesday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 3-6 p.m. Exhibition explores the artwork produced in the Soviet Union from 1934-85. Free.
• "Great Things, Small Packages" exhibit through Dec. 31, Terra Nova Gallery, 41 W. 100 North, Provo. Featuring numerous artists, original art in small sizes. Hours: Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Other times by appointment.
• "Cliche and Collusion: Video Works by Grant Stevens" through Feb. 9, BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus. The works incorporate familiar excerpts from advertising, music, film and common conversation. Free.
• Minerva Teichert "Pageants in Paint" exhibit, BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus, through May 26, 2008. Call 422-1140 to schedule a tour, must be arranged at least a week in advance. Family-oriented tours on Monday evenings. Free.
• "Splendor and Spectacle: Images of Dance From Court Ballet to Broadway," BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus, through Jan. 1. The exhibit features 65 prints and 33 objects of art from the private collection of BYU faculty members Madison and Debra Sowell. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Check the Web site for classes, workshop and exhibit information: www.hutchingsmuseum.org Call 768-7180. Free.
• Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday from 3 to 6. Closed Mondays and holidays. Call 489-2727. Free.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
WHERE TO GO
Monday, Nov. 26
• Museum Monday, from 5-7 p.m. at the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point. The subject: Dinosaur sand art. Cost: $5.
• Spanish Story Time at the Provo Library at Academy Square, 550 N. University Ave. from 7-7:30 p.m.
• Free STD/HIV testing at the Utah County Health Department, 151 S. University Ave., Suite 1709, Provo. Monday-Friday, Nov. 26-30. Walk-in clinic Nov. 28 from 1-4 p.m. only. All others by appointment, call 851-7024.