• The SCERA Center for the Arts will hold a ribbon cutting/open house for its new Scene, Prop and Costume Shop at 11:30 a.m. at 346 E. 800 South, Free.
• The Utah Valley Entrepreneurial Forum luncheon at noon on the Novell campus in southeast Provo's East Bay business park. Topic: "Raising Less than One Million" with panelists Ron Lindorf, Steve Grizzell, Roger Andrus and William Borghetti. RSVP online at: www.uvef.net (Click "Meetings.") Cost: $25. (Members free.)
• The Utah Valley Handbell Ringers will perform at 7 p.m. at the Seville, 325 W. Center, Orem. The public is invited. Call 224-8044. Free.
Friday, Nov. 9
• Pleasant Grove Macey's Christmas Open House Friday and Saturday from noon-8 p.m. in the Little Theatre, 931 W. State. Construct a graham cracker gingerbread house. Bring the family. Create a village. No sign-up required. Free.
Saturday, Nov. 10
• American Fork Celebrates Veterans Day at 11 a.m. at the Veterans Memorial Hall, 53 N. Center. Free.
• Veterans Day Celebration. Veterans honored Saturday Nov. 10 at the SCERA Center for the Arts 3rd Annual Celebration of Veterans from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 745 S. State, Orem. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Tai-Chi and Chi-Gong workshop. Pre-register at 2:40 p.m. in room 309 of the Provo City Library at Academy Square, 550 N. University Ave. Workshop from 3-6 p.m. Cost: $60. Call 836-2825.
• Michael K. Winder, author of "Presidents and Prophets: The Story of America's Presidents and the LDS Church," will sign books from 1-3 p.m. at Costco, 700 E. 800 South, Orem. Free.
• Orem Community Dance from 8-11 p.m., Orem Senior Friendship Center, 93 N. 400 East, Orem. Dance to the Dennis Miner Quartet. Cost: $5. Call 229-7110.
Monday, Nov. 12
• Museum Mondays at the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point from 5-7 p.m. Tonight's topic: tepees. Cost: $5. Call 768-2300
Tuesday, Nov. 13
• The Mendelsohn Male Chorus will perform at 7 p.m. at the Seville, 325 W. Center, Orem. The public is invited. Call 224-8044.
• Pleasant Grove Macey's Little Theater Class at 7 p.m. at 931 W. State. Learn a variety of recipes using left-over turkey. Call 796-6601. Free.
Wednesday, Nov. 14
• "Soviet Art in Conflict: The Artist as an Agent of Social Change" is the topic of a symposium from noon to 9 p.m., Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South. Scholars, artists and professionals will explore the unique challenge of artists of the Soviet Union from 1934-85 to produce uplifting art in the milieu of conflicting artistic demands. See: www.smofa.org for a detailed schedule. Free.
• Pleasant Grove Macey's Little Theater Class at 7 p.m. at the store, 931 W. State. Carolyn Blosil prepares a variety of "comfort" foods including meat loaf with glazed onions. Call 796-6601. Free.
Thursday, Nov. 15
• Pleasant Grove Macey's Little Theater Class at 7 p.m. at the store, 931 W. State. Learn several different pie recipes for Thanksgiving. Call 796-6601. Free.