OREM In celebration of National Family Week, Nov. 18-24 (www.nationalfamilyweek.org) and Utah Family Month in November (www.ufyi.org), Orem Elementary School has planned several activities to bring families together.
• Wednesday, Nov. 7, is the Orem Elementary Family Math Night from 5:30 to 7 in the gym at the school, 450 W. 400 South.
• Saturday, Nov. 10, is the Family Fun Run/Walk at Orem Elementary held in conjunction with Lakeridge Junior High and Mountain View High School. This event will raise money for the "Make-A-Wish" Foundation in behalf of a local child, as well as bring families together for healthy exercise. Registration is $5 and begins at 9 a.m. on the day of the race. Additional donations are welcome. There will be prizes as well as healthful food. The run/walk begins at 10 a.m., rain or shine.
• Thursday, Nov. 15, Orem Elementary children are encouraged to eat lunch with a grandparent in the school cafeteria. Mountain View High School is providing family entertainment with "My Fair Lady" running Nov. 15, 16, 17 and 19 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $5 in advance, $7 at the door, and a family pass for up to eight family members is $30. For tickets, call 801-227-2400, Ext. 265.
• Sunday, Nov. 18, is the Family Table Talk day. Families are encouraged to eat dinner together and engage in conversation.
• On Saturday, Nov. 24th, as a Family Service Project, families are encouraged to work together for two hours at their own homes.