It appears that there will not be plea deals for any of the three former East High football players police say were responsible for at least three hazing incidents.
One of the boys was in court Tuesday. At his last hearing earlier this month, it was revealed the juvenile was considering a plea deal. But on Tuesday, in front of 3rd District Juvenile Court Judge Sharon McCully, the boy's defense attorney announced a resolution had not been reached in the case, and it was unlikely there would be one.
The three boys, who were all 15 at the time of the incidents, face multiple charges, including forcible sodomy, attempted forcible sodomy and forcible sexual abuse, all first-degree felonies.
The Deseret Morning News does not print the names of defendants charged in juvenile court.
The two other teens are represented by the same attorney. They already had said during the last hearing that a plea deal was unlikely, and they were not present during Tuesday's hearing.
A two-day trial for all three boys was scheduled for Dec. 12 and 13.
Until then, the boys, who no longer attend East, remain under house arrest and are not to have any contact with the victims, members of the East High School football team or each other.
McCully sternly repeated that order to the teen on Tuesday.
"You absolutely cannot have any contact or talk in any way with the victims or witnesses," she said.
That order extended to all of the boy's relatives, she warned. They, too, must not have contact with any witnesses, McCully said, without saying if there was a reason for the sharp reminder. But she noted that if the rules were broken, it would fall on the boy's shoulders."It's you who will end up paying for it," she said.
E-mail: [email protected]