• Morrissey in concert, Oct. 15 at 8 p.m. in the Show Barn at Thanksgiving Point. Cost: $45 per person. Limited tickets available. Reserved seating only. Call 768-2300.
• Utah Valley Symphony presents Beethoven's Sixth, Oct. 16-18, at 7:30 p.m. at the Covey Center for the Arts, 425 E. Center, Provo. Cost: $10/$8 students, $25/family. Call 852-7007.
• Jazz Legacy Dixieland Band, Oct. 18 at 7:30 p.m. in the Madsen Recital Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Free.
• Group for New Music, Oct. 13 at 7:30 p.m. in the Madsen Recital Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Free.
• Orpheus Winds, Oct. 17 at 7:30 p.m. in the Madsen Recital Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Free.
• Duhlmeier-Gritton Piano Duo, Oct. 19 at 7:30 p.m. in the Madsen Recital Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Features Susan Duhlmeier and Bonnie Gritton from the University of Utah. Free.
• Flexible Music in concert, Oct. 23 at 7:30 p.m. in the Madsen Recital Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. The New York-based group will present new works by BYU composer Steven Ricks and alumnus Ethan Wickman. Cost: $6. Call 422-4322.
• American Fork Symphony presents Espana, Oct. 22 at 7:30 p.m. in the American Fork High School auditorium, 510 N. 600 East. The evening includes the Carmen Suite by George's Bizet; Espana Rhapsody by Emmanuel Chabrier; and the Evita Medley by Webber/Custer. Cost: $3/$10/family. Call 756-2330.
• OcTUBAfest, Oct. 24-27 at 7:30 p.m. in the Madsen Recital hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Oct. 24: Tuba and Euphonium Student Recital; Oct. 25: Faculty artist Steve Call on Tuba; Oct. 26: Guest artist Adam Frey, euphonium and Utah Premiere Brass; Oct. 27: Grand OcTUBAfest Concert with BYU Tuba and Euphonium Ensemble and guests. Free.
• Evanescence in concert, Nov. 16 at 7:30 p.m. at the McKay Events Center, Utah Valley State College, Orem. Cost: $39.50/$36.50; $40 day of. Call the McKay center box office at 801-863-7469 or purchase through SmithsTix outlets. Call 1-800-888-TIXX or see www.smithstix.com
CHECK IT OUT
• Soviet Art in Conflict: "The Artist as an Agent of Social Change" through Feb. 2, Springville Museum of Art, 126 W. 400 South. Museum hours: Tuesday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. ; Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 3-6 p.m. Exhibition explores the stunning artwork produced in the Soviet Union from 1934-85. Free.
• Plein Air Provo exhibit through Oct. 16 at the Terra Nova Gallery, 41 W. 300 North, Provo. Free.
• "The Art of Sevier County, Utah" through Oct. 16 at the Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville, featuring art by Jeffrey Hein and Douglas Fryer. Free.
• "Cliche and Collusion: Video Works by Grant Stevens," through Feb. 9 at the Brigham Young University Museum of Art. The works incorporate familiar excerpts from advertising, music, film and common conversation. Free.
• Minerva Teichert "Pageants in Paint" exhibit at the Brigham Young University Museum of Art through May 26, 2008. Call 422-1140 to schedule a tour, must be arranged at least a week in advance during regular museum hours. Family-oriented tours on Monday evenings. Free.
• "Splendor and Spectacle: Images of Dance From Court Ballet to Broadway" at the Brigham Young University Museum of Art through Jan. 1. The exhibit features 65 prints and 33 objects of art from the private collection of BYU faculty members Madison and Debra Sowell. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Trilobite workshop, Hutchings Museum, 4 p.m., Oct. 23, ($4), 55 N. Center, Lehi. Call 768-7180.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
SEE THE SHOW
• "Thorns and Thistles," a New Play Project, 7 p.m., Bullock room, Provo City Library at Academy Square, Oct. 11-13. Cost: $5 at the door or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• "Thoroughly Modern Millie" through Nov. 24 at 7:30 p.m., Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: $13.50/$17.50. Call 226-8600.
• "The White Star" through Oct. 27 (Friday and Saturday), 7:30 p.m., Art City Playhouse, 254 S. Main, Springville. Cost: $12/$10 students, $42/family. Buy online at www.WhiteStarMusical.com or at the door. Call 435-668-5702.
• NEW! "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," Oct. 19-Nov. 17 at 7:30 p.m. at the Center Street Musical Theatre, 177 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10/ $8 students. Call 373-4485 or see www.csmt.com.
• NEW! "The Marriage of Figaro," Oct. 24-27 at 7 p.m. in the de Jong Concert Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus. Cost: $18 ($14 weeknights/$15 weekends with student ID). Dress rehearsal Oct. 20, 23 at 7 p.m. BYU Philharmonic Orchestra. Call 422-4322.
• NEW! PBS star Frank Ferrante in "An Evening with Groucho," Oct. 20 at 7:30 p.m., Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Ferrante and pianist Jim Furmston present Groucho singing, dancing, slapsticking and interacting with the audience. Cost: $15/$12 students. Call 852-7007
WHERE TO GO
Thursday, Oct. 11 • Community Lecture Series
• Community Lecture Seriesat 7 p.m. in the Community Room at the American Fork Library, 64 S. 100 East. Tonight's topic: Fire Safety. Free.
Saturday, Oct. 13
• Orem Community Dance from 8-11 p.m. at the Orem Seniors Friendship Center. Dance to the Randy Evans band. Cost: $5. Call 229-7110. • Goth Prom
• Goth Promat 8 p.m., Gallery One Ten, 110 S. 300 West, Provo. Call Ashley at 592-5901. Free.
Wednesday, Oct. 17
• Discovery Reading, 11 a.m. at the Monte L. Bean Museum at BYU. A professional storyteller will share stories about nature and animals. All ages welcome. Free. • Evening for Educators at the Springville Museum of Art • Meet the Candidates Night.
• Evening for Educators at the Springville Museum of Artat 6 p.m. at 126 S. 400 East. Tonight's topic: Art and Literacy. Discover ways to cross the curriculum and fuse together literacy and fine arts during this session. Open to educators and the general public. Free.
• Meet the Candidates Night.Provo City Library and the League of Women Voters of Utah County are sponsoring a Provo City Council candidates forum at 7 p.m. in the Bullock Room (309) on the third floor of the library, 550 N. University Ave. Call 852-6661. Free.
Thursday, Oct. 18
• The 23rd Annual Health and Wellness Extravaganza will be held from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Eldred Center, 275 W. 500 North, Provo. Educational booths include weight loss for seniors, stroke awareness, substance abuse and breast cancer awareness. Includes music therapy and prescription drug management information. Free. • Chris Heimerdinger,
• Chris Heimerdinger,author of the "Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites" adventure series, will present a program at 7 p.m. in the Young Special Events room on the second floor of the Provo City Library at Academy Square, 550 N. University Ave. He will discuss the process of making his book "Passage to Zarahemla" into a movie.