1. Establish a starting running back: Darrell Mack has stepped in and is on pace to rush for 1,000 yards.
2. Develop depth in the secondary: Robert Johnson and R.J. Rice have gone from reserves to starters.
3. Find capable backups on the defensive line: So far, so good. Utah has a solid corps of contributors.
4. Can Brian Johnson pick up where he left off? Coach Kyle Whittingham said the Louisville game was Johnson's best.
5 ISSUES FOR THE UTES IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON:
1. Get off the roller coaster: Following a win over UCLA with a loss to UNLV proved inconsistency exists.
2. Stay healthy: Starters Jason Boone, Matt Asiata, Brent Casteel and Kyle Brady are already lost for the season.
3. Win at least four more games: A winning record and victories over UCLA and Louisville should earn bowl bid.
4. Climb the Mountain (West): The Utes are in dire need of conference success after a disappointing 0-2 start.
5. Mack attack: Tailback Darrell Mack needs to continue being effective.