- National League playoffs (6 p.m., Ch. 5): Rangers at Yankees
- Dharma & Greg (7 p.m., Ch. 4): The couple go ahead with plans to adopt the baby.- Maggie Winters (7:30 p.m., Ch. 2): Faith Ford ("Murphy Brown") lights up what would otherwise be a rather humdrum new sitcom.
- To Have and to Hold (8 p.m., Ch. 2): This romantic comedy about a Boston cop who marries a public defender - and their large, extended Irish family - is a delight.
- Drew Carey (8 p.m., Ch. 4): Drew and the guys get a gig at a the local Ramada Inn. (And the guest stars include Joe Walsh, Roy Clark, Slash, Lisa Loeb and Rick Nielson.)
- Great Performances (8 p.m., Ch. 7): A salute to George Gershwin.
- Party of Five (8 p.m., Ch. 13): Charlie's excited about the baby, but Daphne's not; Julia discovers that Griffin is moving on with his life.
- Chicago Hope (9 p.m., Ch. 2): In the sixth-season opener, Hancock is among the victims of a sarin gas attack and Shutt has to make a decision about his future.
- National League playoffs (2 p.m., ESPN): Cubs at Braves