Here is the concert and dance calendar for the upcoming week:
- ORGANIST ROBERT RIDGELL will close out the Eccles Organ Festival at the Cathedral of the Madeleine, 331 E. South Temple, tonight at 8 p.m. The concert is free.Ridgell is the current organist for the Cathedral.
- TENOR TODD MILLER AND PIANIST CODY MILLER will present a program consisting of R. Strauss, Menotti, Vaughan Williams and Faure at the Temple Square Assembly Hall on Sept. 22. The free concert will begin at 7:30 p.m.
Todd Miller just finished a residency with the Utah Opera and has also performed with the Opera Omaha and the Boston University Opera Institute. Cody Miller is a graduate of BYU and is a teacher at the Salt Lake Community College.
They will be joined by soprano Marion Miller in a performance of Britten's "Canticle II: Abraham and Isaac."
- BALLET WEST will continue its run of the classic "Swan Lake," at the Capitol Theatre, Sept. 23-26. Evening curtain is 7:30 p.m. There will also be a 2 p.m. matinee on Sept. 26. Tickets range from $10-$45 and can be purchased at all ArtTix outlets or by calling (801) 355-ARTS (2787).
- NACHTMUSIK, known for its performance of 18th Century music while dressed in period costumes, will open its 1998-99 season with a performance of English Masterworks at the Provo Tabernacle on Sept. 23-24. Curtain for both evenings is 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $6 for adults, $10 for couple, $4 for seniors and students and $18 for families, up to six immediate members.
- THE BYU DANCE DEPARTMENT will present its annual "World Of Dance" concert in the Harris Fine Arts Center's de Jong Concert Hall on Sept. 23-26. Curtain is 7:30 p.m. The International Folk Dance Ensemble, the BYU Theater Ballet, the Dancers' Company, the Ballroom Dance Company and the Cougarettes will perform. Tickets, $8 general admission and $6 for BYU students and faculty, are available at the Fine Arts Ticket Office by calling (801) 378-4322.
- THE RIRIE-WOODBURY DANCE COMPANY will present Douglas Nelson's "Short Stem Roses," David Rousseve's "Bittersweet Chocolate" and Della Davidson's "Night Story" at the Peery's Egyptian Theatre in Ogden on Sept. 26. Curtain is 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available for $8.50 and $5.50 by calling 1-801-626-8500 or 1-800-WSU-TIKS.