- The Salt Lake Area Chamber of Commerce has hired Heidi Ballif as business development director.
- Goldenwest Credit Union in Ogden has selected Wendy Wangsgard as the firm's new human resource supervisor. Kaohu Kankaole was hired as an accounting supervisor.- Draper-based Intelogis has named Tod W. Frohnen as president and chief executive officer.
- Julie Ward has been hired by Christopherson Business Travel as a travel consultant in the company's Salt Lake office.
- Provo-based Galton Technologies Inc. recently expanded its testing and consulting services staff with the hiring of Mike Hill and Steve Dohner. Hill has been named chief financial offcer. Dohner has been hired as test development manager.
- The Institute of Management Accountants has named Dean M. Clark president of its Salt Lake Area Chapter for the 1998-99 year. Clark is chief financial officer of Martin Door Manufacturing.
- Steven M. Sill has been elected as vice president of marketing of the Insurance Accounting and Systems Association. He is chief financial officer of Security National Life Insurance Co.
- Patrick H. Zimmerman, M.D., has joined Intermountain Health Care and opened a new family practice in Salina.
- Dennis P. Gauger, CPA, has joined Foote, Passey and Griffin and Co. as the manager of its Union Park Center office in Midvale.
- American Investment Financial in Salt Lake has hired Michel Benitez as assistant vice president, credit underwriter, and Sheldon Hansen as vice president, credit manager.
- Bremer Public Relations in Salt Lake City has added four new employees: Paul Kovach as public relations coordinator; Kimberly Carroll as public relations associate; Brad Rutledge as account coordinator; and Kelli Fratto as intern.
- Max A. Farbman, a counselor with the firm of Jones, Waldo, Holbrook & McDonough has been appointed as general counsel and corporate secretary to the Western Governor's University.
- AutoSoft, a Salt Lake-based provider of material management and factory automation has promoted David Corey to vice president of sales and marketing. David Nelson has been promoted to director of market development.
- Jack Langston has joined Uinta Business Systems as director of enterprise sales.
- Brent Hart has accepted a partnership with design one, a Layton-based corporate branding firm. Christine Stanger has been appointed as partner. Ami Seeley has been promoted to client services representative.
- Zions Bank has named Lisa Chandler as customer service manager at its Foothill office. Thomas Anderson has been promoted to assistant vice president-collection manager in the Credit Management Department. Jerome Curran has been appointed real estate loan closing officer in the CDC Real Estate Department. Carol Dahl has been named operations officer in the Correspondent Services Department.
- KTVX-4 Utah has added three people to its sales staff. Kevin Gianatiempo is a new local sales manager. Michael D. Miskiv and Jonathan Crump have joined the staff as account executives. Thom Porterfield has been promoted from national sales manager to local sales manager.
- Thomas V. Barnes has been named a member of the 1998 Executive Council of the New York Life Insurance Co. Barnes has been a New York Life agent since 1987 and is associated with New York Life's Utah General Office in Salt Lake City.
- I-Link Inc., an enhanced voice and data communications company located in Draper, has named John M. Ames vice president of operations.
- Salt Lake-based Chequemate International has announced major appointments in the senior executive management team. Changes include the appointment of Michael H. Heil as CEO, and Ted Lassetter as president. Chequemate also commissioned Joseph Napoli and Stuart Jacob as "Key Markets" advisory board members.
People on the move
The Deseret News will publish items about promotions, appointments and new hires in the Sunday Money section as space permits. Please no sales awards. Send a professional quality black and white or color photo to: People on the Move, Business Desk, Deseret News, P.O. Box 1257, Salt Lake City, UT 84110. We cannot accept electronic submissions for People on the Move. Extra copies of this newspaper are available by calling 237-2931.