Auditions have been scheduled for the following productions:
- The Dickens Festival Players on Saturday, Sept. 12, from 9 a.m. until noon at Jordan Hills Elementary School, 8892 S. 4800 West, West Jordan (between the old and new Bingham highways).
Auditions will be held for "Scrooge," "A Christmas Carol" and "Oliver," being performed as street theater this season. There will also be tryouts for a street theater teenage performing group. All auditioners should come prepared to sing.
For further information, call Lee or Darcy at 280-5606.
- "A Christmas Carol," at both Hale Centre Theaters in West Valley City and Orem - on Sept. 19 from 9 a.m. until noon at HCT's temporary rehearsal hall, 2530 S. 500 East (Columbus School), for the WVC production, being directed by Richard G. Wilkins, and also Sept. 19 by appointment only throughout the day at the HCT/Orem, 225 W. 400 North (directed by Merrill Dodge).
Both productions will be double-cast. All auditioners must come prepared with 16 bars of an uptempo song (or, for the Orem tryouts, a traditional Christmas carol). An accompanist will be provided. Please do not bring taped music.
All performers in both productions must speak with a proper British accent. Those with the ability to speak with a cockney accent may be asked to demonstrate this as well.
The 13th annual Salt Lake production, which will be staged for the first tine in the Hales' new state-of-the-art facility at 3333 S. Decker Lake Drive, across from the E Center arena, will run Dec. 1-23. The Orem version will play Nov. 27-Dec. 23.
Call 226-8600 to arrange a specific time slot for the Orem auditions.
- "Mary," on Tuesday and Thursday, Sept. 15 and 17, both at 6:30 p.m., and on Saturday, Sept. 19, at 9:30 a.m. at the Heritage Community Theatre, 2505 S. Highway 89, Perry (between Ogden and Brigham City).
Written by the late LaRae Garfield and directed by Mac Edwards, the production is a musical based on the story of Mary and Joseph, following their relationship up to the birth of Jesus.
Come prepared with 16 measures (one vers and one chorus) of an upbeat song. Bring your own accompanist or taped accompaniment. No a capella vocals will be heard. There are several parts for men, women and children - plus one infant. All roles are open.
- "The Apple Tree," on Saturday, Oct. 3, from 1 to 5 p.m., at Westminster College's Jewett Center for the Performing Arts, 1250 E. 1700 South, for the Wasatch Theatre Company's production of the Jerry Bock/Sheldon Harnick musical.
Come prepared to sing a short, upbeat song, and read from the script. An accompanist will not be provided. Callbacks will be held on Oct. 4 from 1 to 2 p.m.
The musical version of the story of Adam and Eve is scheduled to run Dec. 4-5 and 11-12 at WTC's home base, Jim's Soupers Deli on Redwood Road. For further information about the auditions call 973-2051.
- "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," on Sept. 15 and 16 at the Villa Playhouse Theatre, 254 S. Main, Springville. Call 489-3088 for details.