It's time for our Sixth Annual Itty Bitty Salt Lake City contest. We hope you won't let a little dust and the occasional barricade stop you.
As usual, we've scoured the downtown area looking for the teeniest of clues for you to solve: itty bits and pieces of downtown Salt Lake signs, buildings, statues, sculptures. You'll find the clues on this page.The real itty bitty items themselves can be found in the area bordered by North Temple and 400 South, 200 East and 400 West. Both sides of those boundary streets (e.g. both sides of North Temple or 200 East) are included.
All the items can be seen from the outside. But you'll need to get out of your cars and walk around to find them all.
First prize is a $100 gift certificate to the ZCMI Center Mall and dinner for two at Cafe Pierpont.
Second prize is a $75 gift certificate to the ZCMI Center Mall and lunch for two at Baci Trattoria. Third prize is a $50 gift certificate to the ZCMI Center Mall and breakfast for two at Market Street Grill.
1. Identify the downtown places pictured here.
2. All items are located in the blocks bordered by North Temple, 400 South, 200 East and 400 West; both sides of these boundary streets are included. Everything is located within plain view from the outside, but is not necessarily visible from the street.
3. Write down the exact location of each answer (either an address, or the name of the building, park, etc.).
4. Send your answers, along with your name, address and phone number, to:
Itty Bitty Salt Lake City
The Deseret News
P.O. Box 1257
Salt Lake City, UT 84110
5. Entries must be postmarked no later than Monday, Sept. 28. Winners will be announced in the Thursday, Oct. 8, Deseret News.
6. If more than one entrant identifies all photographs correctly, a drawing will be held to choose the winners.
7. You can obtain additional copies of this page at the Deseret News, 30 E. 100 South, fourth floor.