The following music and dance concerts are scheduled for the coming week:
- INDIANA UNIVERSITY'S Douglas Cleveland will perform at the Cathedral of the Madeleine as part of the Eccles Organ Festival on Sept. 6. The music will begin at 8 p.m. Admission is free.Cleveland is a winner of the 1993 Fort Wayne Competition and has performed with the National Symphony Orchestra, as well as at the American Guild of Organists National Convention in Denver earlier this year.
- ACOUSTIC GUITARIST Larry Pattis will perform a free concert at the Bridge Deck of the Sundance Village on Sept. 6 from 2-5 p.m. Admission is free.
- THE MURRAY CITY ACOUSTIC AND BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL will be held at the Murray Park Amphitheater on Sept. 7. The event will begin at 6 p.m. Admission is $5 at the gate. Slated to perform are Nancy Hanson, Lonesome Ridge, Ryan Shupe & the Rubber Band.
- THE UTAH FLUTE ASSOCIATION will present a concert at the Jewett Center for the Performing Arts on the Westminster College campus. The concert will be held on Sept. 8. The music will begin at 7:30 p.m. Tickets will be available at the door.
- PIANIST DIANA PAGE and cellist Chris Grueninger will play a faculty recital at the Shepherd Union Building Ballroom at Weber State University on Sept. 8. The recital will begin at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
- THE ASPEN BALLET COMPANY will take the de Jong Concert Hall stage in the Harris Fine Arts Center at Brigham Young University on Sept. 9. Curtain is 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $12 for students, faculty and staff; $16 for the public, and may be purchased at the Fine Arts Ticket office or by calling (801) 378-4322.
- PIANISTS SANDRA PETERSON AND GAYLE ENGLAND will perform in the Temple Square Assembly Hall on Sept. 11. The performance will begin at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
The pianists will present arrangements of Bach, Borodin, and an original arrangement of Liszt's "Valse de Mephisto." They will also perform selections from "Porgy and Bess."
- UTAH FOLK SINGER PETER BREINHOLT and his band Big Parade will perform at the Sundance Amphitheater at the Sundance Resort on Sept. 11-12. The music will begin at 7:30 p.m. Tickets will be available for $10 in advance and $12 at the door. Tickets can also be purchased by calling the Sundance Ticket Office at (801) 223-4110 or Smith'sTix outlets at 1-800-888-8499.
- PIANIST JEFF MANOOKIAN is slated for a concert in the Temple Square Assembly Hall on Sept. 12. Curtain is 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
Manookian, the director of the Intermountain Classical Orchestra, will perform the works of Chopin, Beethoven, Shchedrin, Debussy and Scriabin.
- WESTMINSTER COLLEGE FACULTY members will perform in the second annual faculty showcase concert on Sept. 12. The music will begin at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are available at the door. Costs are $5 for adults, $3 for students and children, and free for those with a Westminster College ID. Call 488-4167 for reservations.
Mezzo soprano Mary Ann Dresher, guitarist Todd Woodbury, violinist Tom Baron, flutist Lissa Hepner Wildman, soprano Cheryl Hart and pianists Karlyn Bond, Christopher Quinn, Douglas Kinney Frost, Roberta Shimnsky and Marjorie Janove will perform that evening.