Here is a calendar of upcoming music concerts:
- BIG HEAD TODD & THE MONSTERS will perform a benefit concert for the Red Butte Garden Amphitheater Aug. 30. The gates open at 4:30 p.m. and the music will begin at 5 p.m. Tickets are available at the University of Utah Union Building and all ArtTix outlets or by calling 355-ARTS (2787).
- THE UTAH SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA will play the Romney Stadium at Utah State University in Logan on Aug. 31. In case of rain, the concert will be moved to the Kent Concert Hall. Curtain is 7:30 p.m. Tickets range from $3-$15 at the Kent Concert Hall box office or at the door.
- THE OGDEN CONCERT BAND will play the Kenly Centennial Amphitheater on Aug. 31. The music will begin at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free. For more information call (435) 546-8571.
- THE VOLUNTEERS OF THE U.S. ARMY BAND will perform at the Weber State University's Shepherd Union Building ballroom on Sept. 2. Concert is free and will begin at 7:30 p.m.
- THE UTAH VALLEY SYMPHONY will play a free concert at the Utah Valley State College Quad on Aug. 31. The concert will begin at 7 p.m.
- THE BUSKERS will bring their Utah County '60s-style folk to the Hunter Library's main floor at Brigham Young University on Sept. 4. The music and singing will begin at 4 p.m. The concert is free.
- MURRAY ARTS IN THE PARK will present the Swiss Chorus Edelweiss at the Murray Park Amphitheater on Sept. 4. The singing will begin at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for children and seniors. For ticket information, call 264-2614.
- IN HONOR OF THE WESTERN ALLIANCE CONVENTION, the Temple Square Concert Series at the Assembly Hall will present three one-hour piano recitals on Friday, Sept. 4. Admission is free.
Eugene Albulescu will start his performance at 6:30 p.m.; Kevin Kenner will begin playing at 7:30 p.m. and the American Piano Quartet - Massimiliano Frani, Robin Hancock, Jeffrey Shumway and Paul Pollei - will close the performance at 8:30 p.m.
- PIANIST DEL PARKINSON will perform an all-Gershwin centennial concert at the Temple Square Assembly Hall on Sept. 5. The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. Parkinson, a professor of piano at Boise State University, has performed with the Gaudalajara Symphony, the Indiana University Symphony Orchestra and the Chicago Civic Symphony Orchestra.