1. Cleveland RTGExtra spin preferred by pros
2. Cleveland ChromeAll-time favorite
3. Callaway X-12Forgiveness and feel
4. Delta Rite-OnPerformance and price
5. Mizuno T-Zoid ProSupurb feel and touch
6. Pinseeker Soft CastSoft steel =great feel
7. Wilson HarmonizedGreat around the green
8. Cobra Trusty RustyVersatile
9. MacGregor Grass 'n Sand50, 54, 56, 60 and 64 degree lofts
10. Titleist ForgedMade to match pro specs
A solid short game is vital to a lower score. And good wedge play is vital to a good short game. Two qualities important to a good wedge are feel and spin. Because accuracy is crucial in the short game, golfers want a precise feel when hitting shots onto the green.
Wedges must also put adequate spin on the ball, allowing players to stop the ball close to the hole. Wedges such as the Cleveland RTG and Cobra Trusty Rusty are actually designed to rust, enabling more spin to be placed on the ball.