Here is the concert calendar for the upcoming week:
- THE PARK CITY MUSIC FESTIVAL continues its fourth week with performances by Elmar Oliveira on Sunday, Aug. 2, at the Park City Community Church, at 8 p.m.; Lawrence Rosenthal will perform Wednesday, Aug. 5, at the New St. Mary's Church, at 8 p.m.; Arturo Delomoni, Timothy Hester and Leone Buyse and more will perform Thursday, Aug. 6, at the New St. Mary's Church, at 8 p.m.; cellist Issac Albeniz will perform Friday, Aug. 7, at the New St. Mary's Church, at 8 p.m. and musicians from the Young Artist Institute will perform Saturday, Aug. 8, at the Festival Institute Outdoor Stage at the Town Lift Plaza, at 3 p.m. The same venue will host the Park City Interna tional Music Festival Orchestra at 7 p.m. For more information, call 1-435-658-2800.- FORMER UTAHN JAMES MARGETTS will present a piano concert comprised of works by Mendelssohn, Haydn and Ravel, at the Temple Square Assembly Hall on Friday, Aug. 7, at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
Margetts, now a resident of Amelia, Ohio, graduated with a degree in piano performance from BYU and has continued his studies at the Cincinnati Conservatory and the Eastman School of Music.
- THE UTAH FLUTE ASSOCIATION will present an evening of "New Music by Utah Composers," at Nunemaker Place on the Westminster College campus, 1840 S. 1300 East, Sunday, Aug. 2, at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
The concert, which is a preview of a program the association will perform in Phoenix on Aug. 15, will include works by Ricklen Nobis, Andrew Stamp, Audrey Terry and Henry Wolking, as performed by pianist Chuck Simmons, percussionist Glenn Webb, harpist Janet Peterson, cellist Warren Mueller and bassist Audrey Terry.
- THE JAPANESE CHURCH OF CHRIST'S TAIKO GROUP and American Indian drummer and dancer Cliff Eagle, will perform at Liberty Park, Monday, Aug. 3, at 7 p.m. Admission is free.
- SOPRANO KATHRYN HUNTER and pianist/
organist James Welch will perform "An Evening of English and American Music for voice and Keyboard," at the Temple Square Assembly Hall, Wednesday, Aug. 5, at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
Hunter has appeared all over the world, most recently in Israel with the Israeli Symphony.
Welch, who is part of the music faculty at Santa Clara University, is an member of the American Guild of Organists.
- THE UTAH SYMPHONY, with conductor Kory Katseanes, will present a lunchtime concert at the Gallivan Utah Center Wednesday, Aug. 5. Music will begin at noon and admission is free.
- MANDOLINIST SAM BUSH will play the Gallivan Utah Center as part of the Twilight Concert Series, Thursday, Aug. 6, at 8 p.m. Admission is free.
Bush plays bluegrass, gospel, pop, reggae, jazz and country. He will be joined by his band - bassist John Cowan, drummer Larry Atamanuik and guitarist Jon Stewart Randall.
- THE UTAH SYMPHONY, conducted by Newton Wayland, will present an evening of Gershwin music titled "Rhapsody In Blue On Broadway," on Friday, Aug. 7, at Abravanel Hall. The music will begin at 8 p.m.
Pianist Dustin Gledhill, soprano Katherine Terrell and baritone Lewis Dahle van Schlanbusch will be among the guest performers. Tickets are available at the Utah Symphony box office at Abravanel Hall or by calling 1-801-533-NOTE (6683). The concert will be repeated Aug. 8 at Deer Valley and Aug. 9 at Snowbird.
- TENOR GEORGE DYER and pianist Lawrence Gee will join forces to perform songs by Handel, Rachmaninoff, Vaughan Williams and more on Saturday, Aug. 8, at the Temple Square Assembly Hall at 7:30 p.m.
String majors from the University of Utah will help out on the Williams work called "On Wenlock Edge."
Dyer has appeared with the Utah Opera, the Utah Symphony and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. He also sang the part of Ralph Rackstraw in the New York Opera's "HMS Pinafore."