Here is the concert calendar for the upcoming week:
- THE CONCERTS IN THE PARK series at Brigham Young Historic Park, located at North Temple and Second Avenue, will feature a variety show by On Stage Productions, directed by Jann McCardell, on July 28.
On July 31, the New Zealand-American Society Maori Culture Group will present an evening of dance, culture and music.
Both productions begin at 8 p.m. Admission is free. Parking is available at 59 E. North Temple.
- HARPIST NICOLE BRUBAKER STAKER will perform at the Temple Square Assembly Hall, Wednesday, July 29, at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
Staker recently graduated with a music degree in Harp Performance from the University of Arizona. Throughout her studies, Staker has received many honors including third place in the advance division of the 1996 American Harp Society National Competition and a finalist in the Grandjay division of the same competition. Staker was also a finalist in the Anne Adams Awards National Scholarship Competition.
- THE PARK CITY INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL continues this week:
The venues are Richard Thomas Gallery in July 30; the New St. Mary's Church on Aug. 1 and the Park City Community Church on Aug. 2. All concerts begin at 8 p.m.
Tickets are available at the door 30-minutes prior to each concert. Tickets can also be purchased at Dolly's Bookstore, a Woman's Place Bookstore, R.E.A.D. Bookstore at Summit Watch, Park City Music, Orion Music and Albertsons in Park City. Salt Lake outlets include the Utah Symphony box office at Abravanel Hall, Prier Violin Shop, Summerhays Music, Waking Owl Books, ArtTix outlets a the Capitol Theatre or by calling 355-ARTS (2787).
- THE CYPRESS STRING QUARTET will also play the Temple Square Assembly Hall. This concert will be Friday, July 31, at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
The San Francisco-based quartet formed in 1996. All the members hold degrees in music from Julliard, Cleveland and Manhattan Schools of Music and have performed throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
Last winter the quartet was in residence at the Banff Center for the Arts in Canada, and was part of the Amadeus Quartet Seminar in London.
- THE THREE PIANISTS - Eugene Watanabe, Jeff Manookian and Jared Strebel - will perform at the Vine Street Chapel located at 5600 South and Vine Street, on July 31. The music will begin at 7 p.m. Admission is free.
- THE UTAH SYMPHONY will perform at the Deer Valley Resort's Snow Park Lodge after the first round golf tournament play of the Utah Showdown on Friday, July 31. The gates will open at 7 p.m. and the Symphony, with assistant conductor Kory Katseanes, will begin the music at 8 p.m.
Admission is $15 for adults and $10 for children, ages 7-12. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Utah Showdown Tournament office at 1-888-335-4345 or tickets can be purchased at the Deer Valley Resort on the day of the performance.
- PIANISTS JONATHAN, HILARY AND ZACHARY COOMBS will perform solo selections and concerto movements at the Temple Square Assembly Hall, Saturday, Aug. 1. Curtain is 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
The siblings, ranging in ages from 10 to 16, will perform the works of such composers as Mendelssohn, Prokofiev and Liszt. Hilary Coombs was a finalist in the Junior Gina Bachauer International Piano Competition in 1997.