Preventable childhood deaths and injuries increase during the summer months, according to a recent report by the Utah Safe Kids Coalition and the National Safe Kids Campaign.
To make summer trips and activities safer for kids, the two groups have compiled a list of guidelines.Parents are instructed to:
- Always place children in seat belts or a properly installed child-safety seats.
- Refrain from putting infants in front seats.
- Teach their children to cross at corners or crosswalks and obey traf-fic signals.
- Provide approved bicycle helmets for their children and teach their children safe bicycling behaviors.
- Make sure the reflectors, brakes and gears on a child's bicycle are working properly.
Call 1-801-538-6863 for more information.