Mapleton's annual July 24th celebration will be an all-day event beginning at 6 a.m. with the city fire department's "wake-up" call.
That will be followed at 6:30 a.m. with a flag raising ceremony at Mapleton Memorial Park.The rest of the Pioneer Day festivities will include the following:
- Beginning at 7 a.m. the annual pancake breakfast featuring entertainment at the park gazebo by "Fire On the Mountain."
- At 7 a.m the "Fun Runs" will begin at Central Bank.
- From 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. a lunch and dessert bar will be set up in the park.
- At 9 a.m. the annual parade will begin at the LDS chapel at 1600 N. Main. It will proceed down Main to Maple Street and turn west and end at the Mapleton Elementary School parking lot. Grand marshals for the parade are longtime residents Russell and Beverly Walker.
- Activities and entertainment will run continuously in the park from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., including a volleyball tournament that begins at 10 a.m. and is open to all ages.
More information about the celebration is available by calling 489-0333.