The Utah County Health Department is warning that some older safety seats for children are no longer considered safe and should be destroyed.
In exchange for a used child car seat, the Health Department will give individuals coupons for one dozen free bagels at Einstein Bros. Bagels and a 10 percent discount on a new car seat, stroller or baby furniture at a Utah County Kmart.Seats may be brought to the following locations before Aug. 10:
- American Fork Hospital, 170 N. 1100 East, American Fork
- Utah Highway Patrol Office, 816 N. 1200 West, Orem
- Orem Community Hospital (Lac-ta-tion) 331 N. 400 West, Orem
- Utah AAA Office, 588 E. 1300 South, Orem
- Provo Police Department, 351 W. Center, Provo
- Utah County Health Department (Room 214), 589 S. State, Provo
- Utah County Sheriff's Office, 3075 N. Main, Spanish Fork
- Mountain View Hospital, 1000 E. U.S. 6, Payson
You may have your car seat checked for free at the Utah County Health Department. For more information call 370-8735.