THE UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY Alumni Band will perform an outdoor concert at the Old Main Hill on the USU campus July 5. The music will begin at 7 p.m. Admission is free and there will be bench-styled seating. The concert will wind up a weekend of July 4 celebrations with "The Star-Spangled Banner," John Philip Sousa's "The Freelance" and Schuman's "Chester."
- THE UTAH OPERA will present "Operamania" on Monday, July 6, at the Gallivan Utah Center. The event will begin at noon. Four singers and a pianist will perform main elements of opera with the aide of scenes and music from "Carmen," "The Magic Flute," "Porgy and Bess," "Cinderella" and "La Boheme." Admission is free.- THE MUIR STRING QUARTET will perform during the ongoing Chamber Music Festival at the Institute of Deer Valley. The Quartet will perform in the Snow Park Lodge at the Deer Valley Resort, Tuesday, July 7, at 8 p.m. Works by Beethoven, Kodaly and Mozart are on tap for the evening. For more information, call the Institute at Deer Valley at 1-435-645-6918.
- AWARD-WINNING "NEW-GRASS" artist Tony Furtado will perform with his band at the Vest Pocket Park, Arrow Press Square, 150 S. Temple, on Tuesday, July 7, at 12:15 p.m. Admission is free. The concert is part of the Salt Lake City Arts Council's Brown Bag Concert Series.
- SINGER/SONGWRITER LISA CANNON will perform at Vest Pocket Park on Wednesday, July 8, at 12:15 p.m. Admission is free.
- SOPRANO REBECCA GLADE and baritone Steve Evans will perform with pianist Denise Farrington and keyboardist Dean Kaelin for a night of "Broadway Classics" in the Temple Square Assembly Hall on Wednesday, July 8, at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
- SOLO GUITARIST LARRY PATTIS will play Vest Pocket Park Thursday, July 9, at 12:15 p.m. Admission is free. On July 10, at the same location, the acoustic rock of Stone Mountain will be heard in a free concert.
- PIANIST WOLFGANG WAT-ZINGER is going to fill the Temple Square Assembly Hall with music of Bach, Schubert and Franck on Friday, July 10, at 7:30 p.m. The concert is free. Watzinger is a world renowned pianist who has taught at the Detmold Academy and Vienna's Hochschule fur Musik.
- THE SALZBURGER ECHO will perform for the Red Butte Garden Canyon Kids Concert on Saturday, July 11, at 10 a.m. Tickets are free for Garden members, with the regular park entry fee charged to non-members ($3 for adults, $2 for children and seniors). The Salzburger Echo is a group of Utahns that plays Old World folk and traditional music from the Alpine regions of Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Authentic garb and instruments the highlight the performance.
- DUO PIANISTS Julian Reynolds and Peter Lockwood will present "Opera 4 Hands" in the Temple Square Assembly Hall on Saturday, July 11. The music will begin at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free. Reynolds and Lockwood will perform arrangements of Wagner's "Die Meistersinger," Richard Strauss' "Der Rosenkavalier," Johann Strauss' "Die Fledermaus," Pnichielli's "La Gioconda" and Bellini's "Norma."
- KIRKMOUNT, a trio of teenage brothers living in Woodland Hills, Utah, will perform a mix of Celtic and Scottish music at the outdoor amphitheatre on the south end of the Westminster College campus, 1840 S. 1300 East. The music will begin at 8 p.m. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for children and will be available at the door. The boys play the harp, fiddle and cello and have been featured on National Public Radio's "Prairie Home Companion" and "CBS Sunday Morning" with Charles Osgood.