A man found dead in his garage apparently inhaled carbon monoxide fumes while repairing his car, police said.

Killed was:Robert John Rice, 38, West Jordan.

West Jordan Police Sgt. Dan Gallagher said Rice began working on the car late Saturday night. Rice's family found him in the garage the next morning.

"The family had gone to bed," Gallagher said Sunday. "This morning they woke up, were suffering from dizziness. All of the kids were complaining of sickness."

The garage was filled with fumes and the car was still running when the man was found, Gallagher said. The victim's family was treated at a hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning and released.