A Salt Lake home sustained $65,000 in damage from a Sunday night fire caused when two children began playing with a cigarette lighter.

Battalion Chief Assistant Dennis McKone said the fire was reported at 7:30 p.m. at 957 W. Pierpont Ave.When firefighters arrived, McKone said flames were coming out of the front living room window and doorway. The mother and her four children were able to safely escape from the home.

McKone said the fire is being blamed on two 5-year-olds playing with a lighter.