THE EXOTIC MUSIC OF DEBUSSY will be performed by former Utahn Brent Hugh on Monday, June 29, at 7 p.m. in the Riverton Music store, 2465 N. Main, Sunset. Hugh will explore the impact of Debussy's encounter with the Javanese gamelan at the 1889 Paris Exposition, including the gamelan-inspired "Clare de Lune." Tickets are $6 for adults, $4 seniors and students, $20 for family and will be available at the door.
- KRISTINE CIESINSKI, soprano with pianist Iain Burnside, will perform the music of Purcell, Kurt Weill, Lee Hoiby and arias by Puccini. The concert will be Tuesday, June 30, at 7:30 p.m. at the Assembly Hall at Temple Square and is free to those ages 8 and up.- THE SALT LAKE SYMPHONIC WINDS will be at the Murray Park Pavilion No. 5 on June 30 at 12:10 p.m. for a free concert. The music will include selections from "Annie" and "The Sound of Music," as well as "The Boys of the Old Brigade March."
- MUSICA RESERVATA will serve up "Beauty and Joy: Music's Timeless Message" on June 30 at 7:30 p.m. at St. John's Episcopal Church, 85 E. 100 North, Logan. Tickets are $8 for adults, $7 for seniors and $5 for youths and USU students with ID. They are available at Sunrise Cyclery, Accents and the information desk in the Taggart Student Center.
- BARITONE KONRAD JARNOT with Iain Burnside at the piano, will offer old Italian art songs and music by Elgar, Ravel and Debussy on July 1 at 7:30 p.m. at the Assembly Hall at Temple Square. The concert is free to those 8 and up.
- HIGH-FLYING MUSIC from the 560th Air Force Band will ring out at the Murray Park amphitheater on July 1 at 8 p.m. (The free concert will be moved to Murray High in case of inclement weather.)
- MUSIC DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE with the 560th Air Force Band is scheduled for July 2 at 6:30 p.m. at Ogden's River Parkway. The free patriotic concert will also include rock, Dixieland and some country music.
- THE UTAH NATIONAL GUARD 23RD ARMY BAND will bring a popular patriotic program to the Tabernacle on Temple Square July 3-4 at 7:30 p.m. "Rhapsody in Blue" by Gershwin as well as works by Sousa, Weber and Rimsky-Korsakov will be presented in the concert, which is free to those ages 8 and up.
- MURRAY CITY'S INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION will kick off with a Starlight Concert at the city's amphitheater, off 5300 South and 500 East, July 3 at 8 p.m. The concert will feature SunShade n' Rain. Tickets are $5 for children and seniors, $6 for adults. Tickets may be purchased at the gate, which will open at 7 p.m.