A lightning strike is believed to be the cause of a house fire Wednesday night.

According to a Provo Fire Department news release, Venna Vincent was watching the Jazz-Bulls game at her home, 790 W. 900 South, when she saw "a ball of fire come out of the porch followed by a loud boom."The fire department was notified at 9:54, and the arriving units saw smoke and flames coming from the attic. Vincent, bound to a wheelchair, was helped out of her home by her son and a neighbor. No one was injured in the blaze.

Damage was estimated at about $50,000.