LADIES OF THE PSYCHIC NETWORK
In 1900, the Ladies of the Home Journal predicted that in the year 2000:
- Alphabet letters "C," "X" and "Q" will be gone.
- Mexico will seek admission to the United States.
- Russian will be the second most spoken language in the United States.
- Spelling will be done by sound.
- Nicaragua will seek admission to the United States.
- Strawberries will be as large as apples.
At least one of the above is true. At the recent Food Marketing convention, we were served HUGE strawberries. Yep, we liked them apples!
FABULOUS FLYING FOOD
Delta Air Lines, a 2002 Winter Olympic sponsor continues to soar even higher with improved in-air dining.
The airline has teamed up with famous steakhouse chefs from across the country to present some dandy meals for those of us who ride in steerage.
Time was that only first class passengers got the good eats. Now, coach customers on long-haul domestic and international flights will dine on premium Omaha steaks.
The famous steakhouses currently participating? The Precinct, Chops, and Ben Benson's. Michael Jordan's The Steak House NYC will be added in the next phase of the program.
Delta plans to eventually add Utah restaurants to their program. Good idea. We're the stake house capital of America.
By the way, 6,000 pounds of peanuts are served to Delta passengers daily.
From the Web:
- If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
- Corduroy pillows: They're making headlines!
- Many people quit looking for work when they find a job.
- Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.
- Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!
- If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
"FER SPECIAL" FOOD OF THE WEEK
Dreyer's GODZILLA ice cream