An 80-year-old woman has died of smoke inhalation and thermal injuries she suffered in a fire here.

Logan Fire Chief Paul Dextras said Tedi S. Lamb was found dead Monday afternoon by her husband, Richard Lamb, in the front hallway of their home.Tedi Lamb had been sitting in an armchair when her clothing was ignited by an ember from her cigarette.

She ran toward the front door but collapsed in the front hallway, Dextras said.

Her husband, who had been working in the yard, was alerted by the smoke detector but arrived too late to rescue his wife.

The Lamb home sustained little damage from the fire.