Smoke from a fire caused by a short circuit in electrical panels caused about $100,000 damage to an East Central City business complex Sunday afternoon.

Salt Lake firefighters responded to Trolley Corners, 515 S. 700 East, about 1:30 p.m. and found smoke filling all three floors of the building, said Salt Lake Fire Capt. Devin Villa.Crews discovered that the main electrical panels of the building, which houses three movie theaters and other businesses, had short circuited, causing the smoke, Villa said. Firefighters were able to limit most of the damage to the electrical system of the building.

Only one businesses was open during the fire. At least 44 firefighters worked on the fire, and nobody was injured.