STUART RUCKMAN, co-author of "Rock Climbing Utah's Wasatch Range," will sign copies of the book and answer questions on Tuesday, May 12, 7-9 p.m. at Black Diamond Equipment, 2092 E. 3900 South. Refreshments will be served. Call 1-800-582-2665 for details.
- A WOMAN'S PLACE BOOKSTORE in Foothill Village will have two events this week. On Tuesday, May 12, at 7 p.m., Australian author Sue Woolfe will read from her book "Leaning Toward Infinity" and later sign copies. On Thursday, May 14, at 7 p.m., Stella Crawley will read and sign "In Honor of Women: A Revolutionary Approach to Preventing Breast Cancer and Other Diseases." Phone 583-6431 for information.- DESERET BOOK will sponsor several events this week. Ardeth Greene Kapp will sign copies of her new tape, "On the Lord's Errand," at the Bountiful Store (May 13, 5-7 p.m.), the ZCMI store (May 14, noon to 2 p.m.) and the Layton Hills store (May 19, 2-4 p.m.) Jim Wickwyer, author of "Addicted to Danger," will sign his book at the ZCMI store (May 15, noon to 2 p.m.), the Cottonwood Mall store (May 15, 7-8:30 p.m.) and the Ogden store (May 16, noon to 1:30 p.m.). Call 966-2403 for information.
- LESLIE MORLEY, an expert in Tarot, will offer a session on the history of Tarot and how the cards can lead to personal growth and improvement. She will speak 7-8 p.m. on Monday, May 11, at Golden Braid Books, 151 S. 500 East. Call 322-0404 for information.
- THE RED ROCK WRITERS GUILD will present poet Rosalyn Ostler and Elaine Ipson in a reading on Wednesday, May 13, 7 p.m. in the St. George Art Museum, 47 E. 200 North in St. George.
- THE BABCOCK PERFORMING READERS will do a reading of poems by Wislawa Szymborska, a Nobel Prize winning poet, on Thursday, May 14, 7:30 p.m. at the Art Barn, 54 Finch Lane. Readers include Maria Wrotniak, Aaron Jones, Marilyn Scharine and Richard Scharine. In the New York Times Book Review, Stanislaw Bar-an-czak wrote, "The accessibility of Szyborska's poetry stems from the fact that the `pressing questions' she keeps asking are, at least at first sight, as `naive' as the man in the street." For information call 363-4759.
- BORDERS in the Crossroads Mall will feature Kate Duffy and Bryan Larsen, authors of "The Insiders' Guide to Salt Lake City," in a book signing 2-4 p.m. on Saturday, May 16. Call 355-6327.
- BARNES & NOBLE, the downtown store on 400 South, will present L.E. Modesitt Jr. in a book signing on Saturday, May 16, 3-4 p.m. Modesitt is the author of several fantasy books, including "Recluse" and "The White Order." Call 524-0089 for information.
- THE REDROCK CREATIVE WRITING SEMINAR convenes on Saturday, May 16, 9 a.m. at the Tuacahn Center for the Arts in Ivins, Utah. The seminar will include sessions by poets David Lee and Kenneth Brewer, and prose writers Lyman Hafen and Ace Pilkington. Registration at the door is $60. Call 688-2224 for 867-9059 for details.