Three teenage girls told police they were sexually assaulted at a Salt Lake motel early Friday morning.

The girls, two 15 and one 13 years old, were at a convenience store on the corner of 4700 West and 4800 South shortly after midnight, said Salt Lake sex crimes Sgt. Don Bell.The girls had gone to Kearns to visit a friend. When they got to the friend's house, her mother told them she was grounded, and the girls left to find the nearest telephone, Bell said.

They found a phone at a convenience store, where an 18-year-old man who identified himself as Jesus offered them a ride home, he said.

"They thought it would be safe for him to give them a ride (because they outnumbered him)," Bell said. "En route, he picked up three other men."

All seven people went to a Motel 6, 1990 W. North Temple, where the men offered the girls some beer. After a short time, one of the men left, leaving the three girls with three men, Bell said.

The men then attacked and sexually assaulted all three of the girls, Jones said. One of the 15-year-old girls was able to physically resist her attacker, but the other girls said they were raped.

The girls told police that Jesus drove a car that resembled a 1989 Green Buick Regal. He was described as 5 feet 6 inches with black short hair with a tail in the back, a white tank top, white and red boxer shorts and wearing gold ear rings.

The other suspect descriptions are sketchy with the girls offering several first names. The girls said they thought their attackers were about 25 years old.

After the attacks, the girls told motel personnel who contacted police, a police report said. That was about 3:30 a.m. Friday.

Bell said detectives had not talked with the girls yet and planned to do that at the Children's Justice Center early next week.

The person who raped the 13-year-old could face a stiffer sentence as a person that young cannot consent to any sexual contact. Both rape and rape of a child are first-degree felonies punishable by a maximum of five years to life in prison.