Andre Previn, who resigned as music director of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra last week, will not conduct again this season because of an arm problem, an orchestra spokeswoman said Tuesday.

Previn, 60, had been scheduled to conduct three concerts this week but was forced to cancel because of recurring pain in his arm and back, spokeswoman Norma Flynn said.The conductor, who had frequent disagreements with top management of the philharmonic since taking over as music director in 1985, made his resignation effective at the end of the current season.