The Securities and Exchange Commission has asked for a permanent injunction against Efficient Transfer, 175 W. Second South, and Roger G. Coleman Sr., listed as an officer of the company.

Efficient Transfer was identified as a securities transfer agent registered under federal security law.In a U.S. District Court action, the Exchange Commission charges that Efficient Transfer and Coleman have been employing fraudulent schemes and that they failed to keep proper records, safeguard securities or allow proper examination of books and records.

The action claims the company falsified shareholder lists of USA Medical Corp.

"Within hours after being informed (that) the plaintiff (SEC) desired to examine defendant's books and records, Efficient's offices were vacated and all books and rec-ords removed," says an application for a temporary restraining order.

The application, signed by Nicholas M. D'Alesandro Jr. and two other Exchange Commission lawyers, asked for a federal court order against the company to prevent possible security laws violations and to prohibit the defendants from altering, destroying or disposing of any remaining books and records of Efficient Transfer Inc.

Federal compliance examiner Wallace Hannum wrote in an affidavit that he went from Denver to Salt Lake City to examine the company's business. He spent almost all of Jan. 13 examining books and records at the company's offices.

According to Hannum, he couldn't use Efficient's computer, because Coleman said it had been repossessed.

That afternoon he told company representatives of deficiencies he had noticed, and said he would return later to see if corrections had been made, the affidavit continues.

Later, the SEC received a letter from Efficient saying the company was correcting the deficiencies.

On March 7, Hannum returned to Salt Lake City to examine records of the company that were in the attorney general's office, having been obtained by search warrant.

The affidavit says that on March 14 Hannum was told Efficient's telephone lines were disconnected. The following morning, he and D'Alesandro went to the offices and found them dark and locked. All the furniture, file cabinets and equipment were gone, the affidavit says.