An Ogden teenager was electrocuted Saturday evening when he touched a live wire after climbing a high-voltage pole near his home.

Troy I. Williams, 1141 E. 550 North, died instantly in the accident that occurred at 1141 E. 550 North at 5:45 p.m. His badly burned body was removed from the power line by Utah Power and Light workers."Apparently he climbed the pole just to see if he could - on kind of a dare," said Lt. Mike Empey, Ogden City Police.

Other teenagers witnessed the accident, he said.

Williams was a student at Ben Lomond High School.