Workers at the Utah County Building were evacuated Wednesday after overheated transformers set off smoke detectors in the lower-level computer room.

Acting Fire Capt. Rich Gribble said two engines, an ambulance and chief's car arrived at the building at 7:37 a.m. The major concern, and reason for the evacuation, was the Halon system that was released when the detectors were set off. Halon, an extinguishing agent, decomposes when it comes in contact with fire. Damage was minimal, said Gribble. He said the computers weren't damaged but the transformers would need some work.Employees were allowed back in the building by 8:30 a.m. except for the lower-level room, which was aired out until 9 a.m.