1. Would you support a fedceral gasoline tax increase of 10 cents per gallon if the money were used to reduce the federal debt?
YES 41 percetn NO 46percent UNDECIDED 13percent
2. Do you believe the legal age for buying cigarettes should be raised to 21?
YES 2 percent NO 0.5 percent UNDECIDED 7 percent
3. Do you support the establishment of a state-sponsored lottery in Utah?
YES 42 percent N0 48.5 percetn UNDECIDED 9.5 percent
4. Do you think Oliver North should be pardoned by President Bush?
YES 1.5 percent NO 5 percent UNDECIDED 23.5 percent
5. How closely have you followed the action in the Utah Legislature this year?
VERY CLOSELY 10 PERCENT SOMEWHAT CLOSELY 53.5 PERCENT
NOT AT ALL 36.5PERCETN
6. Do you support a 5-cent deposit on beverage cans and bottles in order to reduce litter?
YES 1.5 percent NO 2.5 percent UNDECIDED 6 percent
Sample size: 1,094; margin of error plus or minus 5 percent