A Saturday morning fire at the Market Street Broiler and Fish Market, 258 S. 13th East, caused about $2,000 damage and about $3,700 in lost revenues, officials said.

Salt Lake Fire Captain Ren Egbert said the fire began about 11:35 a.m. when employees lit the restaurant's mesquite broiler in the kitchen area. "The flare ignited the filters and went into the ducting system where there is always a little grease and oil," he said."It was just pounding out smoke and then there was a boom and flames started shooting out," said John Chambers, an employee at the restaurant, which was converted from Fire Station No. 8 several years ago.

No one was injured in the fire and manager Bruce Becker said the restaurant and market opened for business late Saturday afternoon.