For two weeks Addam Swapp, Vickie Singer, John Timothy Singer and Jonathan Swapp were "counting the days" until the LDS Kamas Stake Center could be blown up, Utah U.S. Attorney Brent D. Ward said Tuesday.

In his final arguments to the jury in the Singer-Swapp trial, he quoted a prayer card written by Vickie Singer dedicating to God's hands the explosives that (name deleted) "got yesterday."Assistant U.S. Attorney Richard Lambert called for the defendants' conviction even though the defense might claim they were acting under the inspiration of God, saying, "There's no revelation exception to the laws of the United States."

Late Monday, lawyers for the defendants filed a motion for mistrial, based on the testimony of Addam Swapp and the refusal of U.S. District Court Chief Judge Bruce S. Jenkins to order separate trials.

All defendants attempted to sever the matter into separate trials at the start of the case, but Jenkins refused.

When Ward cross-examined Swapp last Thursday, he asked about the killing of Corrections officer Lt. Fred House. Defense lawyers said "objection" in unison, then Jenkins ruled the question stricken.

Ward said Mike Clark, who works for an explosives outlet company, testified the dynamite was bought Dec. 30, and from that, the jurors could infer Vickie Singer knew about the planned bombing as early as New Year's Eve 1987.

Between that time and the detonation of the bomb in the early morning of Jan. 16, a nine-foot, blood-red pole was made by Addam Swapp on Vickie Singer's porch. The pole was left at the bombing scene.

As Vickie Singer noted in a diary entry, the pole carried the notation, "J.S. Jan. 18, 1979 Church, State and Nation will now be destroyed."

Ward said, "This is the biggest event that took place in the lives of any of these defendants" since the day John Singer pulled a gun on lawmen and was shot to death. He is the J.S. referred to on the pole, and the date was that on which he was shot to death in a confrontation with officers.

Ward asked, "How could any of these defendants not have known" what was going to happen? He read from her diary again, "They will know who did it. It will arc out in battle."

Ward said Addam Swapp admitted the bombing, and Vickie Singer's journal entries, prayer cards and interviews show she aided and abetted.

According to her diary, she prayed about whether she should send her 15-year-old son, Benjamin, on the expedition to the church, and the answer was she should.

Ward said Vickie Singer could have stopped the bombing.

"All she had to do was lift her finger, ladies and gentlemen. After all, she was the matriarch of the family. It was her husband's death they were seeking revenge for."

He said she told FBI Agent Cal Clegg, "The Lord did want that chapel bombed . . . . Hey, I knew what happened had to happen."

He quoted her as saying the bombing was symbolic of what the Lord was going to do. "He's going to bring about the collapse of church, state and nation, you mark my words," she told Clegg.

In addition, she used her property as a place where preparations for the bombing could be made and materials could be stored. Ward added she and her daughter, Heidi Singer Swapp, who is not charged in the case, went shopping for supplies in Heber City and Kamas just before the standoff began.

She wrote she had prayed a check would come "before things happened," Ward said. That meant she was aware a standoff would take place and hoped funds would arrive for supplies before it began. The check came.

"At 2:50 a.m. I kept watch, and the explosion occurred at about 3:05 a.m.," Ward read from her diary.

"It appeared to blow the roof through in the center of the building. Smoke is coming out of the top of the building. It is very serious. The battle has begun."

Ward then commented to the jurors, "Well, ladies and gentlemen, these are not the words of someone who is in shock or disbelief."