A Salt Lake man being investigated in connection with the death of his wife last December has been arrested on a federal warrant charging him with taking a minor to Nevada for the purpose of prostitution.

Paul Wach, 27, 525 Pamela Way, is charged in a criminal complaint filed Wednesday with U.S. Magistrate Calvin Gould.Police testified during a 3rd District Court hearing recently that Wach was under investigation in the death of Dee Dee Wach, 19, who was gunned down in front of her parents' Kearns home on Dec. 13.

Also named in the federal complaint is Wach's friend, Randy Pollock, 25, who was just paroled from Utah State Prison on Tuesday after serving time for a 1985 burglary.

Wach and Pollock were arrested Wednesday and arraigned before Gould, who appointed them attorneys and ordered them detained in the Salt Lake County Jail pending a detention hearing Monday.

According to an FBI press release, Wach owned and operated Class Act Entertainment and Escort, 5026 W. 6515 South. The business "provides sexual services for pay to its customers," states the criminal complaint.

Last Sept. 27, a Class Act employee - a girl under the age of 18 - was sent by Wach on a "full-service date" to a customer in a Wendover, Nev., hotel, the complaint alleges.

Pollock, who was employed by Wach, drove the girl to the hotel, where she performed her "services" and was paid $300, half of which she was allowed to keep, the complaint alleges.

On Dec. 8, Wach and Pollock were named as primary witnesses in a 3rd District Court complaint filed against Dee Dee Wach, charging her with felony theft and burglary.

Five days later, about 10:30 p.m. Dee Dee was walking to her parents' front door when a car pulled up, its driver apparently asking for directions. An occupant of the car shot Dee Dee in the chest at close range. She died a few hours later at LDS Hospital.

The Wachs, who married in March 1986, had been in the middle of a bitter divorce, which included a custody battle over their 2-year-old daughter.

Following the homicide, temporary custody of the child was given to Dee Dee's parents, Ed and Dorothy Prince, who are now seeking permanent custody.

During a 3rd District Court hearing in January, a sheriff's detective testified that Wach had not been ruled out as a suspect in Dee Dee's slaying. Salt Lake County sheriff's detectives on Wednesday confirmed that Wach is still being investigated but that not enough evidence has been collected to file charges.

The custody question has now been turned over to the Juvenile Court.