A fatal house fire that authorities say was caused by an improperly installed baseboard heater has led to the arrest of the electrician who hooked up the unit.

Richard Salz, 48, was arrested Friday and charged with second-degree manslaughter. He was released on $1,000 bond pending a March 6 court appearance."I'm not a criminal. It was a faulty heater," said Salz, owner of Salz & Son Electrical & General Contractors. "These people are looking for something that is not there."

Burton Gorman III, 13, of East Haven died in a fire Dec. 28. The boy was found dead of smoke inhalation in his second-floor bedroom in the home he shared with his grandparents, his father and a brother.